Thursday, November 10, 2005

Dissertation

Been spending most of my day on reading and writing on my dissertation and thought it could be nice to post some of the images have taken for it so far. I'm writing about Jan Gehl's theories which I'm applaying on to estate housing and tower blocks to explain why some of them are seen as desirable living and some as notorious bad. I've been looking at three examples as 2 good ones which are the Barbican and Golden lane Estate done by the same architetcs and the bad example is Robin Hood gardens in Poplar. Guess everyone been to the Barbican but the two others are well worth to visit for looking at communal space and how important the landscape is to create a good living environment. Golden Lane is located just nest to the Barbican in central London and Robin Hood Gardens is in Poplar in east London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home